Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Favorite Things

Me and My Favorite Santa Hat

Christmas is getting closer. And the way I see it...Since Oprah has her list of Favorite Things...then I too will have My List of Favorite Things.  I thought about all the things I want, the things I have, and the things I think everyone should have...and this is what I came up with:

1.  KitchenAid Mixer in Pink
    Yes, in pink because I think it is just pretty in pink...the red one is not bad looking either.  Every good baker or potential baker should have one of these mixers.  It will take your baking to new levels and make it so much easier. 





Or you can do what Sophie from Georgetown Cupcakes did for her sister's wedding shower gift, and adorn your pink mixer with thousands of pink Swarovski crystals!  How cute is that!  Talk about Bling in the Kitchen!



2.  Hand Mixer by Cuisinart
        

There are times when you just don't want to pull out that heavy KitchenAid Mixer for a small batch of cookies or frosting.  This is where this gadget comes in handy.  And of course, you need to coordinate the color with your stand mixer!




3.  Cake Tester


Okay, okay...you may be asking why you would need to buy a cake tester?  It does have a function in the kitchen for testing to see if your cake or cupcakes are done.  But let's be real...toothpicks or a knife work just as good.

Nothing like a good toothpick!
4.  Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book

I absolutely love this book.  I think this is a great start for beginners.  It is a great foundation for making cupcakes.  Some of the recipes are not good to me, but I think this book offers great ideas.  My good friend Keisha gave me this cupcake book and I love her forever! 





5.  A Red Ferrari


 Okay...so this is something I want.  Nice to have friends who have one!



6.  Scrabble Pendants with cute sayings:

This cute necklace is from FrillyChili at Etsy.  I think this is divine...and mine is one it's way.



7.  A Good Cat
          I know not everyone likes cats, but I love them.  And when you have a cat like mine, you will definitely have a place in your heart for a cat like Kyle.  Kyle is cutest, most loving, dependable cat I own.  I do have 2 other cats, Sammie and Sugar, but Kyle is an exceptional cat.  He knows when I am sad, he comforts me.  He knows when I am sleepy, he cuddles with me.  Everywhere I go, Kyle is there.  He is sitting right here with his paw on my laptop.  He is my shadow, and one of my favorite things.

Kyle Fat Daddy Powell

This tip is a staple for my cupcake decorating,  I like the swirl it creates on the cupcake.  And it just looks so pretty!

Courtesy of Cupcakes With Class
 



Wilton also has a Cupcake decorating kit that is great to get you started and also includes the #1M tip.






9.  My Family
         
Tyra, Terri, and Selena


I adore my children.  They definitely keep me going every day.  From Tyra saying "Not another cupcake Momma G", to Selena saying, "Mmmm, I just love your frosting Mommy" to Terri saying, "Did you make me chocolate cupcakes?"...I absolutely love them.  Don't know what I 'd do without them...well, I do know what I would do....but for now, I'll keep them!



So, this is something I want and hope to do in 2012.  Can you imagine cruising with cupcakes to Bermuda?  This cruise is a cupcake lovers dream come true.  In their own words this is " 7 Delicious Days to Bermuda".  Count me in!

                                          

"And These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things..."

No comments:

Post a Comment