Saturday, November 26, 2011

My First Christmas

I am very excited for Christmas this year since it is my first one.  Well... it is my first Christmas with Cupcakes With Class, my home-based cupcake business, and my first Christmas with my blog, Frosted Memories.  I have so many holiday ideas that I cannot wait to get started, get creating and of course, get to sharing with you.  So, I want to share how to make the Turkey Cupcake I made with my family for Thanksgiving.  Super fun, super cute, and super easy!

1.  First, we will start with the ingredients needed to make these cupcakes:

  • Cupcakes-any flavor will do
  • 1 mini Reese cup
  • 6 candy corns
  • 1 Oreo cookie
  • 1 Whopper
  • Vanilla buttercream frosting
  • Black piping gel
  • Sprinkles

2.  Using the 5 candy corns, firmly hold Oreo Cookie in your hand and careful press each candy corn in the middle of the cookie forming the feathers of the turkey.











3.  Next, cut the bottom half of the Reese cup off...and eat it...place a small amount of frosting on the bottom of the Oreo cookie and adhere Reese cup to the cookie.  



4.  Using a small amount of frosting, adhere the Whopper above the Reese cup to form the turkey's head.  



5.  Next, cut the tip off the last piece of candy corn and with a small amount of frosting, place on the whopper forming the beak of the turkey.


6.  With the Vanilla buttercream, frost the cupcake and decorate with sprinkles.


 7.  Allow turkey to set for 10 minutes, then place it on top of the decorated cupcake.

Tom Turkey is Born!

You can use Black piping gel to make eyes or place candy eyes to give your turkey an interesting look!





 Just have fun with this cupcake...the ideas are endless!


















Kids having fun!
...make a holiday tradition to remember...

This idea was courtesy of The Brown Eyed Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment