Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cupcake Disaster...

     Not every cupcake creation of mine are pleasant.  Sometimes my Frosted Memories are Frosted Nightmares!  Today, I wanted to make some special birthday cupcakes for my neighbor for her birthday.  She requested chocolate cupcakes so I picked out a sassy leopard cupcake liner.  I decided to try a new recipe that I had read and thought it would be easier than my own recipe.  I followed all the directions exactly how it was written.  I set the timer for 15 minutes and waited.  One thing you never do is open the oven to look at your cupcakes, so I did not open it at all.  The timer went off and I was eager to see the results.  I opened the oven door to this...
Cupcake Disaster!

The middles sunk the minute I opened the oven door.  The edges were overcooked and burnt.  I have never had this happen to me when baking.  I have had recipes come out that may need something else added the next time I make it, but that means my recipe worked and there is room for improvement.  I could not believe it...these cupcakes were a "HOT MESS"! 

     So, I went into recovery mode to make more cupcakes.  I got MY RECIPE out and made more chocolate cupcakes.  I made some chocolate buttercream frosting while the cupcakes were in the oven.  Timer went off, cupcakes were removed from the oven, placed on the cooling rack, then in the box and frosted.  This is the new batch of chocolate cupcakes...
Cupcake Heaven!
The way I see this experience is you should Never try a new recipe when you need the end product that day.  I have tried many chocolate cupcake recipes and I always go back to my original recipe every single time. 

Moral of this blog post:  Don't fix what is not broken.

Question:  Have you had a kitchen disaster? I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment