Here is my favorite Carrot Cupcake recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes:
- 1 Pound carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped or 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with paper liners. Whisk together carrots,eggs, buttermilk, sugar, oil, vanilla-bean seeds, and raisins. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until well combined.
2. Divide evenly into lined cups, filling three-quarters full. Bake for 23-28 minutes, rotating halfway through, until cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean.
3. Top each cupcake with Cream Cheese frosting and garnish with toasted coconut.
See, this particular recipe has all the textures we talked about...raisins and coconut. I make carrot cake cupcakes and just put chopped pecans on top. There we go again...Texture!
|Carrot Cake Cupcakes with no pecans, raisins or coconut courtesy of Cupcakes With Class|
So, that the question becomes...Texture or no texture? What do you think?